We will be expanding this page as time goes one, but here's a start...
Vacation Bible School ideas for 2020!!!
Idea # 1 - Delay your VBS in-person experience to late summer:
- Use it as a way to kick-off the fall programming year
- Use it as a way to celebrate the start of Sunday School
Idea # 2 - Hold a VIRTUAL VBS online:
- Pick one 3-hour window on a Saturday morning or afternoon (or several days)
- Alternate online / home activities with breaks
Here's what schedule could look like for a virtual VBS for one day, or for several days in a row:
- 9am - Opening Prayer / Song / Presentation (pre-recorded / livestream)
- 9:30am - Home activity / break / snack
- 10am - Presentation (pre-recorded / livestream)
- 10:30am - Home activity / break / snack
- 11am - Presentation (pre-recorded / livestream)
- 11:30am - Home activity / break / snack
- 12 noon - Preview of next day (if mulitple days), or invitation to future activities / closing prayer
Idea # 3 - Cancel VBS and focus on Fall planning:
- Folks, in the midst of this pandemic, what could be best for you and your community is just REST!
- Abiding can be a very fruitful experience
Here are some places to look for VBS resources: