2022 ALL TENNESSEE LUTHERAN YOUTH GATHERING
Theme - TBA
St. Timothy LC
650 East Main Street
November 12-13, 2022
For youth in 6th - 12th grade
Cost: $40 per person
(While "Tennessee" is in the title of this event, we welcome ALL youth in 6th - 12th grade!)
Registration will be through our GROUP registration form. Once you've complete you're registration, you can click on your confirmation link to update your information.
Payment is accepted online or by check.
If paying by CHECK, please mail to ELCA Southeastern Synod, Attn: All TN 2022, PO Box 400, Decatur, GA 30031
We are excited to share some new stewardship resources. Some of our congregations are seeing an increased emphasis on stewardship, with many stepping up to support the virtual ministries and to ensure that the congregations remain alive and well. Other congregations are struggling week to week. Where ever your congregation lands, we know and trust in God's abundance, and we as a synod are here to help!
- $51K has been distributed to congregations during this pandemic for assistance to help relieve the financial burdens that our congregations and rostered ministers are facing. We give God thanks for the generosity of those in the wider ELCA who have provided our synod with $20K in grants, and the Synod's Strategic Initiative Fund (SIF) for the other $31K. The SIF has been funded by primarily Holy Closures of congregations in our synod. The legacy of ministry lives on!
- We will soon be starting our first cohort of congregations in a new online stewardship offering called Beginning a Culture of Generosity. It's six ZOOM sessions with Pastor Mike Ward, partner at GSB and long time ELCA pastor and former VP of Advancement at Novus Way. The program also includes nine focused videos and a whole host of resources. This program has received rave reviews in both the NC and the SC synods. A short video introduction can be seen at: https://gsbfundraising.com/beginning-a-culture-of-generosity-video/. If you have not already spoken with Pastor Karen Boda about getting your congregation involved, please do so soon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships are available through our synod's LifeLine Fund.
- Are you the storyteller in your congregation? Or are you interested in not only seeing God at work in your midst, but sharing God's abundance through story? A new cohort of Mission Interpreters forms this weekend and continues for six virtual sessions. It's free! Contact Pastor Karen Boda for information.
- Need an oomph for your stewardship program? Check out these resources:
- September's Stewardship Toolkit from Pr. Rob Blezard, Lower Susquehana Synod, complete with bulletin inserts and starters. (https://www.lss-elca.org/wp-content/uploads/Stewardship/2020_09_September_Stewardship_Kit.docx)
- ELCA Stewardship Resources– Our denomination’s deep well of materials. (www.elca.org/stewardship)
- Center for Stewardship Leaders – Luther Seminary’s excellent website. (faithlead.luthersem.edu/stewardship/)
- The ELCA Foundation a ministry of our denomination. (www.elca.org/give/elca-foundation)
- Stewardship of Life Institute– Headquartered at United Lutheran Seminary, this site has a trove of resources in areas of congregational and personal stewardship. (www.stewardshipoflife.org)
Finally, please reach out and share with us where you see God at work in your community. We'd love to hear from you and share your story.