ALL TENNESSEE 2021
Saturday, November 13, 2021
10am-12noon ET / 9-11am CT
an ONLINE gathering of all youth (6th-12th grade) of the Southeastern Synod,
especially those from Tennessee
We will explore what it means to SHARE OUR GOSPEL STORY together by gathering online and learning how God is active in our lives, even when we don't realize it!
And this is what sets our SOUL ON FIRE!
We are excited to share some new stewardship resources. Some of our congregations are seeing an increased emphasis on stewardship, with many stepping up to support the virtual ministries and to ensure that the congregations remain alive and well. Other congregations are struggling week to week. Where ever your congregation lands, we know and trust in God's abundance, and we as a synod are here to help!
- $51K has been distributed to congregations during this pandemic for assistance to help relieve the financial burdens that our congregations and rostered ministers are facing. We give God thanks for the generosity of those in the wider ELCA who have provided our synod with $20K in grants, and the Synod's Strategic Initiative Fund (SIF) for the other $31K. The SIF has been funded by primarily Holy Closures of congregations in our synod. The legacy of ministry lives on!
- We will soon be starting our first cohort of congregations in a new online stewardship offering called Beginning a Culture of Generosity. It's six ZOOM sessions with Pastor Mike Ward, partner at GSB and long time ELCA pastor and former VP of Advancement at Novus Way. The program also includes nine focused videos and a whole host of resources. This program has received rave reviews in both the NC and the SC synods. A short video introduction can be seen at: https://gsbfundraising.com/beginning-a-culture-of-generosity-video/. If you have not already spoken with Pastor Karen Boda about getting your congregation involved, please do so soon at email@example.com. Scholarships are available through our synod's LifeLine Fund.
- Are you the storyteller in your congregation? Or are you interested in not only seeing God at work in your midst, but sharing God's abundance through story? A new cohort of Mission Interpreters forms this weekend and continues for six virtual sessions. It's free! Contact Pastor Karen Boda for information.
- Need an oomph for your stewardship program? Check out these resources:
- September's Stewardship Toolkit from Pr. Rob Blezard, Lower Susquehana Synod, complete with bulletin inserts and starters. (https://www.lss-elca.org/wp-content/uploads/Stewardship/2020_09_September_Stewardship_Kit.docx)
- ELCA Stewardship Resources– Our denomination’s deep well of materials. (www.elca.org/stewardship)
- Center for Stewardship Leaders – Luther Seminary’s excellent website. (faithlead.luthersem.edu/stewardship/)
- The ELCA Foundation a ministry of our denomination. (www.elca.org/give/elca-foundation)
- Stewardship of Life Institute– Headquartered at United Lutheran Seminary, this site has a trove of resources in areas of congregational and personal stewardship. (www.stewardshipoflife.org)
Finally, please reach out and share with us where you see God at work in your community. We'd love to hear from you and share your story.
ALL TENNESSEE 2020 - November 14
For all youth in 6th through 12th grades
THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD IN A HYBRID FORMAT!!!
MORNING SESSION: on your own, in your household, or with your youth group (if you are gathering in-person, physically distanced, of course). Suggested start time is 10:00am EST / 9:00am CST.
AFTERNOON SESSION: we gather via ZOOM at 3:00-4:30pm EST / 2:00-3:30pm CST
CONCERT WITH RACHEL KURTZ: after our afternoon session, Rachel Kurtz will join in our ZOOM call to lead a concert!!!
So cool! So excited!
PLUS, we get to reveal the theme that SESLYO developed for our 2020-2021 youth events for the synod...Accept. Embrace. Spread Grace.
Cost? FREE, since this event is a hybrid event, with part in-person / part-online
Who Can Come? This gathering is for 6th-12th graders from congregations in the WHOLE SOUTHEASTERN SYNOD,
but especially for the Lutherans and friends of TENNESSEE. ALL are welcome.
This year, we are taking registrations on an INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT through a congregational registration.
To see information from prior years, scroll down...
ALL TENNESSEE 2019 - November 9-10
Check out the pictures from 2019 All TN HERE
All TN 2019 took place at Trinity LC, Tullahoma, TN
ALL TENNESSEE 2018
122 youth and adults met November 10 & 11 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Hixson, Tennessee for All Tennessee. During the event youth from across Tennessee gathered to learn more about the "GODISNOWHERE" theme by participating in different activities throughout Saturday afternoon. Youth looked at where God was through an interactive Stations of the Cross activity, they also got to ask Pastor Ed Myers and Pastor Katherine Museus any question they wanted to ask, they learned about how we can be God's hands in the midst of disasters through the work of Lutheran Disaster Relief and put together hygiene kits for Lutheran World Relief. To finish out their service that day they moved mulch on to the church's playground. Worship started with a group of youth from Christ Kiswahili Lutheran Mission leading in song and during the confession participants were invited to take a piece of string to represent their confession and tie it on nails that formed "GODISNOWHERE" - a powerful way to see that God comes to us in the midst of our brokenness and as we communed together we saw God come once again in the body and blood of Christ. Special thanks to the volunteers of Trinity Lutheran Church for their hospitality and meals, as well as the ALL Tennessee planning team for their hard work putting it all together.