ALL TENNESSEE 2021
Saturday, November 13, 2021
10am-12noon ET / 9-11am CT
an ONLINE gathering of all youth (6th-12th grade) of the Southeastern Synod,
especially those from Tennessee
We will explore what it means to SHARE OUR GOSPEL STORY together by gathering online and learning how God is active in our lives, even when we don't realize it!
And this is what sets our SOUL ON FIRE!
With so many local establishments closing in our synod, many are experiencing food insecurity. As such, the synod staff is compiling a list of food resources for you to share with your parishioners. If we are missing any, please contact Pr. Michael Jannett by clicking here
Please go to this form to fill out your information about your church's closing
and to list how / when / where food is available in your area. We will be updating the food resource list below with your responses to food availability.
- Birmingham (Greater Birmingham Ministries, https://gbm.org/serving-people/food-distribution/) - Food distributions on Fridays.
- Birmingham (Shepherd of the Hills LC, https://www.sothl.org) - Community Food Sharing Station out back of church now available
- Pelham (Oak Mountain Ministries, https://oakmtnmissions.com) - Oak Mountain Mission is open: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 AM – 1 PM; food and limited financial assistance will be available to qualified, referred clients
- Trussville (The TEAM - Trussville Ecumenical Assistive Ministries, Facebook page) - Food distribution available Monday and Friday 12 noon to 2 pm.
- Atlanta (Atlanta Community Food Bank, https://acfb.org/covid-19-help-map) - Use this map to find local food banks and sources of assistance. The Atlanta Community Food Bank is connected with over 600 agencies! This is a very useful resource.
- Atlanta (Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, https://www.redeemer.org) - Yes. Food Ministry will remain open with To Go boxes. Taking requests for help as well as offers of assistance
- Buford (North Gwinnett Co-op, https://northgwinnettcoop.org) - Hours for food services: Monday 6pm-8pm, Wed, Thurs & Friday 10am-1pm & Saturday Noon-2pm. Qualifications for services are a Photo ID for head of household/parent and a current utility bill (name on bill must match the ID).Thrift store is closed to focus on food & financial help.
- Canton / Marietta / Smyrna (MUST Ministries, https://www.mustministries.org/must-food-rapid-response) - Open to individuals and their families. You will receive a Family Food Box containing groceries for one month. You can get food once a month; Pick-up Date: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Decatur (Faith an Grace LC, https://www.facebook.com/faithandgracelc) - We have a small food pantry on site, Andrew's Angels In Mission. We can deliver some canned goods to certain areas. Please call the church office (404) 284-0271.
- Oakwood (Christ LC, https://clcga.org) - Putting together food teams and working with South Hall Community Food Pantry (http://www.shcfp.org/), Mondays from 4pm to 6pm; Thursdays from 10am to 12pm; Saturdays from 10am to 12pm.
- Roswell (North Fulton Community Charities, https://nfcchelp.org/food-bank/) - Due to COVID-19, the Food Pantry is available by appointment only. You can fill out the Food Pantry Order Form online and you will get an email when your order is ready to be picked up.
- Stone Mountain (Rock of Ages LC, https://www.rockofageschurch.org) - Noonday meals provided Sunday - Friday
- Here is a list compiled by an Atlanta-based news source, which includes several Atlanta-area schools that are giving free lunches. Click here for details.
- Blountville (Immanuel LC, FB page here) - Congregation has money through a Morton grant and provide food for the elementary students across the street. Provides food for The Children's Advocacy Center and for the ICU's in Bristol and Kingsport.
- Chattanooga (Ascension LC, http://thisisthefeast.org/) - We are keeping the Little Free Pantry on our property stocked as best we can.
- Greeneville (Reformation LC, http://reformationlutheranchurch.org) - Congregation supports the local food bank and have food bags available the church.
- Johnson City (Our Savior LC, http://oslc2.cc) - Congregation has a parish nurse who lets congregation know when food is needed for congregants. Supports local food bank.
- Memphis (St. Luke LC, http://www.stlukememphis.org/) - weekly assistance with a local food pantry
- Mt. Juliet (Mt. Juliet Help Center, http://www.mtjuliethelpcenter.org/) - We are continuing to take grocery orders and emergency utility assistance requests via phone and email for the near future. We will return your call or email as soon as possible. Messages can be left at 615-754-4357 or email@example.com. Please include: Name, Whether you are a current or new client, A phone number at which we can leave a message if you're not able to pick up (if phone call), The reason for your call
ALL TENNESSEE 2020 - November 14
For all youth in 6th through 12th grades
THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD IN A HYBRID FORMAT!!!
MORNING SESSION: on your own, in your household, or with your youth group (if you are gathering in-person, physically distanced, of course). Suggested start time is 10:00am EST / 9:00am CST.
AFTERNOON SESSION: we gather via ZOOM at 3:00-4:30pm EST / 2:00-3:30pm CST
CONCERT WITH RACHEL KURTZ: after our afternoon session, Rachel Kurtz will join in our ZOOM call to lead a concert!!!
So cool! So excited!
PLUS, we get to reveal the theme that SESLYO developed for our 2020-2021 youth events for the synod...Accept. Embrace. Spread Grace.
Cost? FREE, since this event is a hybrid event, with part in-person / part-online
Who Can Come? This gathering is for 6th-12th graders from congregations in the WHOLE SOUTHEASTERN SYNOD,
but especially for the Lutherans and friends of TENNESSEE. ALL are welcome.
This year, we are taking registrations on an INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT through a congregational registration.
To see information from prior years, scroll down...
ALL TENNESSEE 2019 - November 9-10
Check out the pictures from 2019 All TN HERE
All TN 2019 took place at Trinity LC, Tullahoma, TN
ALL TENNESSEE 2018
122 youth and adults met November 10 & 11 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Hixson, Tennessee for All Tennessee. During the event youth from across Tennessee gathered to learn more about the "GODISNOWHERE" theme by participating in different activities throughout Saturday afternoon. Youth looked at where God was through an interactive Stations of the Cross activity, they also got to ask Pastor Ed Myers and Pastor Katherine Museus any question they wanted to ask, they learned about how we can be God's hands in the midst of disasters through the work of Lutheran Disaster Relief and put together hygiene kits for Lutheran World Relief. To finish out their service that day they moved mulch on to the church's playground. Worship started with a group of youth from Christ Kiswahili Lutheran Mission leading in song and during the confession participants were invited to take a piece of string to represent their confession and tie it on nails that formed "GODISNOWHERE" - a powerful way to see that God comes to us in the midst of our brokenness and as we communed together we saw God come once again in the body and blood of Christ. Special thanks to the volunteers of Trinity Lutheran Church for their hospitality and meals, as well as the ALL Tennessee planning team for their hard work putting it all together.