FROM THE ELCA WORLD HUNGER TEAM:
Dear partners and friends of ELCA World Hunger,
Registration for ELCA World Hunger’s 2023 Domestic Hunger Grants opens next week, on March 18! ELCA World Hunger congratulates those partners in ministry awarded a 2022 Domestic Hunger Grant and all those continuing grants with us this year.
We would also like to recognize all 12 of our 2022 Big Dream partners in ministry. Visit ELCA.org/domestichungergrants
to view the complete list of ministries working creatively and courageously in their communities. On the website you can also learn about the 2023 grant opportunities and how to apply. Congregations with feeding ministries should also watch for the next round of Daily Bread Matching Grants in the coming months! Visit ELCA.org/dailybread
to learn more.
Organizations applying for an ELCA Domestic Hunger Grant for the first time must register by creating an account in ELCA GrantMaker to access the application once the window opens on April 18, 2022.
If your organization has already registered in ELCA GrantMaker, now would be a great time to log back in and confirm that your contact information is current.
ELCA World Hunger will host a Zoom webinar April 6 at 12 p.m. Central time to review granting priorities and cover the basics of applying. To join us for this virtual event, please register here for a Zoom link
The webinar will be recorded and accessible via the Domestic Hunger Grant FAQ page
- Registration open: March 18–May 6, 2022.
- NOTE: Applicants must be registered in ELCA GrantMaker to access the application. Allow up to three days for registration approval. If you have not registered by May 6, you will not be able to start a new application. If you have already registered in ELCA GrantMaker, you do not need to register again.
- Application open: April 18–May 20, 2022.
- Application review: June 2022–October 2022.
- Awards recommendations shared with applicants and synods: November 2022.
- Final awards approved and announced: February 2023.
Thank you for your creative, courageous work toward a just world where all are fed — neighbor to neighbor, community to community. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at hunger@ELCA.org
With gratitude for the ministry and mission we share,
The ELCA World Hunger Team